"That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong"
2 Corinthians 12:10

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Dancing In The Rain

As I waited all day for the rain to come (what do weathermen know?) I remembered a verse that I have always turned to when things seem too hard to bear, John 14:1, and as I breathed in the misty air out back on my porch I thanked God for giving me rain.  Rain gives life to all things.  How beautiful is that?  Life........how blessed we are to have the rain so plants can grow and trees can thrive.  During the Spring we usually get sick of all the rain.  Everywhere you go people comment on when the rain is going to stop.  We pray for those who live in areas where flooding happens easily and wonder, when is God going to stop the rain.  Then during summer when it is so hot and humid and we have very little rain we pray for storms to come so we can get a break from the heat.



I prayed a prayer of thanks this morning while waiting for the rain.  I am thankful for the seasons in my life when it seems like spring, storms everyday, constant gray skies & wondering when will God let it end.  If it wasn't for the rain in my life I would never get a season of new life.  The rain draws me closer to God because without him I have nothing to lean on.  No hope of any comfort or blue skies ahead.  You see, I need him more in times of trouble and I praise him even more during the dark storms of my life.


No one likes to have bad seasons in life but they will always come.  One thing is certain though, God promises us we will never be alone and that he will always be there to hold us up when our legs have been knocked out from under us.  Take comfort in that and praise God in all seasons of your life, especially the stormy ones.


John 14:1  "Don't let your hearts be troubled.  Trust in God, and trust also in me"

No comments: