"That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong"
2 Corinthians 12:10

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

My Refuge





I don't know about you but I need a refuge from time to time.  Somewhere to go where no one can bother me and I can just be quiet and listen to everything that is around me.  I like to sit on the back porch early in the morning with a cup of coffee and breath in the morning air and just quiet my mind.  We have very limited funds so I couldn't afford a "getaway" for just me but if I could I would love to go somewhere by myself and take some good books and my Bible and have a couple of day to just be quiet.


Our days are filled with so much activity, meetings, chores, helping the kids with homework, running errands....there are so many things we have to get done in 24 hours.  Never is their time to take refuge in something that quenches our soul.  At the end of the day we are so tired that we forget why we are even on this earth.  Time is something we can never get back once we have spent it.  Time is precious and we should never take it for granted but we always do.  One day we are holding our children in our arms for the first time and just like that we are watching them take part in their High School Graduation ceremony and getting ready to go off to college.


What would happen if we spent just 20 minutes everyday taking refuge in God and quieting our souls so we can really breath in all the wonderful things he has placed in our lives?  Maybe, just maybe, we would be able to look around at our lives and savor the precious moments that are so quick to happen.


Psalm 46:1-3 (NLT)
"God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble.  So we will not fear, even if earthquakes come and the mountains crumble into the sea.  Let the oceans roar and foam.  Let the mountains tremble as the waters surge"

1 comment:

cinnibonbon said...

I think everyone can always use a bit of refuse and quuite time..we dont egt enough of it!