"That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong"
2 Corinthians 12:10

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

30 THINGS ABOUT MY INVISIBLE ILLNESS YOU MAY NOT KNOW:





1. The illness I live with is: POTS (Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome); IBS; Ehlers Danlos Syndrome Type 3
2. I was diagnosed with it in the year:  2011 
3. But I had symptoms since:  2007
4. The biggest adjustment I’ve had to make is:  having my independence taken away
5. Most people assume:  that I will get better
6. The hardest part about mornings are:  getting out of bed without passing out
7. My favorite medical TV show is:  Grey's Anatomy
8. A gadget I couldn’t live without is:  computer
9. The hardest part about nights are:  not being able to sleep because of the pain & the irregular heart beat
10. Each day I take 9 pills & vitamins. (No comments, please)
11. Regarding alternative treatments I:  will try anything
12. If I had to choose between an invisible illness or visible I would choose:  visible
13. Regarding working and career:  I miss it very much.
14. People would be surprised to know:  how much pain I am actually in
15. The hardest thing to accept about my new reality has been: having to depend on other people for things & to get me to doctors appointments
16. Something I never thought I could do with my illness that I did was:  drive again
17. The commercials about my illness:  have never seen any
18. Something I really miss doing since I was diagnosed is:  going canoeing and camping
19. It was really hard to have to give up:  my freedom
20. A new hobby I have taken up since my diagnosis is:  blogging
21. If I could have one day of feeling normal again I would:  go canoeing and camping
22. My illness has taught me:  faith
23. Want to know a secret? One thing people say that gets under my skin is:  "It will get better"
24. But I love it when people:  just hug me and tell me they are thinking about me
25. My favorite motto, scripture, quote that gets me through tough times is:  Psalm 40:2 "He lifted me out of the pit of despair, out of the mud and the mire.  He set my feet on solid ground and steadied me as I walked along."
26. When someone is diagnosed I’d like to tell them:  be as strong as you can and that it's okay to cry and be angry from time to time
27. Something that has surprised me about living with an illness is:  how strong I am
28. The nicest thing someone did for me when I wasn’t feeling well was:  come over and talk with me and be a true friend even though I looked and felt like a truck ran over me
29. I’m involved with Invisible Illness Week because:  raising awareness for Invisible Illness is crucial, so many people are hurting
30. The fact that you read this list makes me feel:  like you really care and want to learn about what is wrong with me

No comments: