"That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong"
2 Corinthians 12:10

Friday, May 27, 2011

Long Week!!!

It has been a really long week.  This was my first week not working and I was admitted into Arkansas Heart Hospital on Monday and had a heart cath done on Tuesday.  I was having severe chest pain and passed out 3 times Monday night so we went to the ER.  I was kept overnight and my cardiologist wanted to do a heart cath just to make sure I didn't have any blockage or anything wrong with my arteries.  Everything looked fine so now we are just going to concentrate on my SVT and coronary spasm issues.  


I have come to realize that there are a bunch of things that are not worth my energy to worry about or even acknowledge.  I worry way too much and my mind runs crazy sometimes.  God has been humbling me through this whole experience.  I would never ask for help from anyone before because I thought of myself as "strong".  I could do it all.  That is just vanity talking and pride.  "Pride goeth before a fall".  I really should memorize that verse.  Pride is a sin and now that I cannot drive anymore I have had to ask lots of people if they can drive me places.  It is so hard to let that part of me go.  I know that God has a plan for my life and I have not been listening.  


I have taped a couple of verses to my mirror in my bathroom so I will read them every time I look in the mirror.  These verses will remind me that God is in control, not me.  He is running the show and it's about time I sit back and enjoy the ride.





No comments: