"That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong"
2 Corinthians 12:10

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Praying for patience........

Psalm 27:14
Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord.


I open the Bible to read and this is the verse I see in front of me.  It's funny how that happens.  You pray for an open mind and for God to speak to you and he always does.  He knows our mind and our soul.  It is so hard to be patient and to wait for him.  This is such a weakness of mine.  I need to pray for patience, and really mean it.


What does that mean, patience?  Think about it hard.  We need patience in raising our children and patience in dealing with our co-workers.  Patience in our personal life is so hard.  We know that we cannot control anything that happens but we don't want to accept it.  All things happen in God's time not ours.  When we are sick, hurting, and so down we don't see any way up that's when it takes courage to be patient and wait on the Lord.  He promises us healing and comfort if we have patients and we lean on him for all of our needs.  My prayer tonight is for all of this.  Patience to wait on him to allow healing in my body and the courage to turn it all over to him.









No comments: