"That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong"
2 Corinthians 12:10

Monday, August 6, 2012

Day 1 of Mayo Clinic Trip

Day 1 of our Mayo Clinic trip is behind us.  We drove to Hannibal, MO and got a hotel for the night.  Poor Cory has driven 7 1/2 hours today.  He is such a great man.  He does so much for me and hardly ever complains. I couldn't ask for a better man. 


I am missing my "buddy", Cayden so much.  We have our morning routine down and he will not understand why GiGi isn't there to share early morning time with.  Here's a photo of him that Cristina sent me this afternoon so I could see him.  
He's so precious.  He is my inspiration to push through all the pain and sickness.  If he (a small little baby) can fight so hard everyday of his short life than I can fight through this.  

Day 2 of travel starts at 9 am and we have 6 1/2 hours left to drive.  I will be updating on Facebook often and here on my blog.  I am taking lots of pictures so I can remember this experience and see all of God's beautiful creations on the way. Here are a few I took today. 


 The Memphis Pyramid (Memphis, TN)



Getting off the Kansas City exit
 



Cory being silly at the McDonald's in Sikestan, MO
 


God's beautiful creations



You, my Lord, are my everlasting God, the creator of the ends of the earth.  You will not grow tired or weary, and your understanding no one can fathom.  You give strength to the weary and increase the power of the week.  Even youths grow tired & weary, & young men stumble & fall; but when I hope in You, O, Lord, my strength will be renewed.  
(A prayer I made using Isa. 40:28-31)
 

No comments: